Gnucash fails to install: configure dbus-glib failure

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Sun Apr 22 20:52:59 PDT 2007

Hi Bjorn,

On 23/04/2007, at 13:42, Bjorn Berg wrote:

> So after 6 hours of an attempted uninstall, this is all I've got:
>
> bj$ sudo port -f uninstall dbus       Password:
> --->  The following versions of dbus are currently installed:
> --->    dbus @0.61_2 (active)
> --->    dbus @1.0.2_2
> Error: port uninstall failed: Registry error: Please specify the
> full version as
> recorded in the port registry.
> IBook:~ bj$ sudo port -f uninstall dbus @0.61_2
> Password:
> --->  Unable to uninstall dbus 0.61_2, the following ports depend
> on it:
> --->    gnome-vfs
> Warning: Uninstall forced.  Proceeding despite dependencies.
> --->  Deactivating dbus 0.61_2
>
> I could let the thing stagnate for a week but I think it's
> hopeless. Obviously deactivating dbus, even though there aren't any
> programs running (I rewrote my .xinitrc file so gnome is not active
> because I thought it might hang otherwise. It hung anyway.), is
> going to be a long and arduous process. This dbus 0.61_2 version
> appears to be too well integrated... 'gnome-vfs' is pretty much
> tied to everything.
>
> So my only option appears to be one suggested by another user...
> remove directory /opt and start a new install of Macports. Any
> other ideas?

So now "port installed dbus" should show:

--->  The following versions of dbus are currently installed:
--->    dbus @1.0.2_2

which means that dbus is installed but not activated.  If this is the
case, try

sudo port activate dbus @1.0.2_2

(the final argument shouldn't be needed, but just to make sure), and
then try

sudo port install dbus-glib

and let us know how you go.

On the other hand, if "port installed dbus" still lists both dbus
versions (i.e. sudo port -f uninstall dbus @0.61_2 didn't work), then
you have another (and bigger) problem.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang