Problem installing libcompat

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Sun Apr 22 23:45:38 PDT 2007

Hi Gary,

I don't understand why deleting the distfile helped; my only
suggestion is that the "sudo port clean libcompat" didn't actually
work properly, and the distfile deletion forced it.  I also don't
imagine that you'd had a different distfile when the build was
failing, as it would have failed the checksum step, so I don't think
that that was a problem.  As for fetching from distfiles-
od.opendarwin.org, that is definitely the only place from which
libcompat is currently distributed, but it (along with distfiles from
quite a few other ports) ought to be copied onto macports.org as that
server will be shut down sooner or later; there are other people
working on that, I think, so I'll see how they think it should be
dealt with.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--