teTeX +nox11 fails due to depspec error

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Mon Apr 23 06:37:50 PDT 2007

cssdev at mac.com on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 4:27 AM -0800 wrote:
>Using MacPorts 1.430 on a MacBook Pro with 10.4.9, I am unable to
>build the teTeX +nox11 variant:
>

>$ sudo port -v fetch +nox11
>Error: Error executing nox11: can't set "depends_lib": invalid depspec:
>Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>
><http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/11819>
>
>The regular build works fine. Could there be a bug due to the fact
>that using this variant results in an empty depends_lib?

I'm seeing the same thing with another port.  The variant I am trying to
use does a lib_depends-delete and removes all the dependencies defined in
the global section.  At the moment I'm using MP 1.4.3.  I think a bug has
crept in.

DEBUG: can't set "depends_lib": invalid depspec:
    while executing
"set depends_lib [ldelete ${depends_lib} $val]"
    (procedure "depends_lib-delete" line 5)
    invoked from within
"depends_lib-delete     port:mysql5  port:fping"
    (procedure "variant-agent_only" line 6)
    invoked from within
"variant-agent_only"
    invoked from within