apache2 activating php5

Yvon Thoraval yt.dev at free.fr
Tue Apr 24 01:37:07 PDT 2007

Hey all,

i've installed Apache2 by :

$ sudo port install php5 +apache2 +mysql5

then, i did :

stop Apple's default Apache ;
chane firewall setup following <http://edu.ca.edu/article72.html> in
particular,adding :
<http://edu.ca.edu/IMG/png/coupe-feu-nouveau.png>

cp httpd.conf-sample to httpd.conf

edit it to my needs including :

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

into <IfModule mime_module>

did a :

$ sudo /opt/local/apache2/bin/apxs -a -e -n "php5" libphp5.so;sudo
cp /opt/local/etc/php.ini-dist /opt/local/etc/php.ini

resulting in :

[activating module `php5' in /opt/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf]

and finally :

sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2.plist

NOW, Apache2 is working well fot html and xhtml pages HOWEVER, when
pointing a browser to :

<http://www.une-bevue.fr/PHP/info.php>

the browser (either firefox or webkit) asks me what i want to do with
this file either
Open it with an Application or
Save it somewhere.

I think i've missed something here but what ???

best,

Yvon