Problem installing pcre

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Apr 26 16:26:22 PDT 2007

On Apr 26, 2007, at 17:49, Lee Hinde wrote:

> using fresh, updated os x 10.4.9 server, current developer tools,
> current MacPort, I have this problem:
>
> credoaspsrupdates509:/opt/local webadmin$ sudo port install pcre
> Password:
> --->  Fetching pcre
> --->  Attempting to fetch pcre-7.1.tar.bz2 from
> ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/unix/misc/pcre/
[snip]
> Error: Target com.apple.fetch returned: fetch failed
>

> I got this error initially mid-way through installing Apache2. I tried
> it as a separate install to get this log.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I had no problems downloading pcre-7.1.tar.bz2 from ftp.fu-berlin.de
just now. Perhaps you are having a general problem downloading things
from FTP servers?

If you can download the archive manually you can place it in /opt/
local/var/db/dports/distfiles/pcre and MacPorts will find it when you
try to install again.