X11 / multiple modules per portfile

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Apr 26 18:16:57 PDT 2007

On Apr 26, 2007, at 7:00 PM, Ben Byer wrote:
> On Apr 26, 2007, at 6:00 AM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>> On Apr 26, 2007, at 1:11 AM, Ben Byer wrote:
>>> Anyway.  We seem to all be in agreement that we need to make some
>>> portfiles.  How do I do it?
>>
>> The best way (I think) is to look at other Portfiles and read the
>> portfile manpage.
>>
>> Then ask questions on the list.
>>
>> There used to be a tutorial, but I don't know if it exists
>> anywhere anymore. Portfile syntax isn't too hard (especially for
>> autoconf based packages).
>
> Right.  I do have some simple portfiles up at http://
> gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users/bbyer/dports.git;a=tree;f=x11 .
>
> My question might better have been phrased "How do I make portfiles
> with multiple configure steps?"  Even pointing me at some other
> ports which currently do this would help.

I don't know of any other portfiles that have to deal with this
(there may be some, though).

If there's no easy way of doing it (which is possible), you can
override the configure phase and substitute whatever you want (since
the portfiles are tcl scripts that are executed you should be able to
do whatever you want from there).

--
Daniel J. Luke