following items did not execute (for gd2): com.apple.activate

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Sat Apr 28 01:21:16 PDT 2007

Hi Bill,

> Today I  tried  installing GD2 again in order to send the log, and
> this time it appears that all of yesterday's errors are no longer
> there, however the last few lines in  the Port Authority Log
> showed the following:
>
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'gdfontt.h' '/opt/local/var/db/dports/
> build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_graphics_gd2/work/destroot/opt/local/include/gdfontt.h'
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'entities.h' '/opt/local/var/db/dports/
> build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_graphics_gd2/work/destroot/opt/local/include/entities.h'
> --->  Installing gd2 2.0.34_0
> --->  Activating gd2 2.0.34_0
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for gd2):
> com.apple.activate
>
> Any ideas how  to fix this problem ?

I'm pretty sure that the problem is that gd2 and gd2-nox11 cannot be
active simultaneously due to requiring files with identical names to
be placed in identical locations.  If Port Authority has an option to
execute port verbosely or with debug output, you should be able to
see that in the log.  To fix this, just deactivate gd2-nox11 before
installing gd2.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--