web server: macports vs. mac osx server

Michael Thon mike012012 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 29 02:58:11 PDT 2007

Hi Ryan -

Thanks for your suggestions.  Since I will be admin-ing my own
machines I want to keep things as simple as possible.  I'm planning
to buy Mac Pro for my web server so I can dispense with the rack
hardware, thus my need to decide whether to buy OSX Server- its an
extra 500 euro that could be spent on other things.  I'll try
installing apache2 or lighthttpd and php5 on my macbook and let you
know if I run into any problems getting them up and running.
cheers
Mike