Always recompiling same libraries.

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Sun Apr 29 23:10:17 PDT 2007

Hi Erwan,

Try using the -n flag (don't upgrade dependencies in upgrade).  I
also use -u (uninstall non-active ports when upgrading and
uninstalling) to get rid of old versions, along with -f to force it
to do that when the old versions have things that depend on them
installed.  Do note, however, that you may need to rebuild ports that
depend on ports that you have upgraded if you find that they don't
work, in which case you can use "sudo port -ufn upgrade" rebuild the
ports one by one (it's tedious, but I do it when needed).

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang