error with python24

Thomas De Contes d.l.tDeContes at free.fr
Wed Aug 1 03:21:22 PDT 2007

Le mardi, 24 juil 2007, à 19:50 Europe/Paris, Daniel J. Luke a écrit :

> On Jul 24, 2007, at 1:19 PM, Thomas De Contes wrote:
>> thank you :-)
>> port install python24 +puredarwin
>> worked fine :-)

well, why not make a script which would automaticaly try "port install
python24 +puredarwin" if "port install python24" doesn't compile
because of this kind of reasons ?
(i mean, it would automaticaly switch when we do "port install
python24")

>> port install cvs2svn
>> ERROR: your installation of Python does not contain a suitable DBM
>> module -- cvs2svn cannot continue.
>
> Interesting, I believe that that should be supplied by the py-bsddb
> port (perhaps you have it installed, but it was built against an older
> or different python?)
>
> Try:
>
> sudo port -f uninstall py-bsddb
> sudo port clean --all py-bsddb
> sudo port install py-bsddb

ok, well, the problem was that i had a corrupted
macports-install-directory :-)

thank you for all your help :-)

btw,
what does "port clean --all py-bsddb" more than "port clean py-bsddb" ?

--
Mon CV : http://tDeContes.hd.free.fr/divers/emploi/