php4 +mysql3 install

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Fri Aug 3 13:36:54 PDT 2007

On 3.8.2007, at 19.44, Steve Vaught wrote:

> i'm new here, so go easy on me...
>
> I've installed apache and mysql3 successfully/easily.
> I'm attempting to install php4 +apache +mysql3 +gd etc...
> The install fails and says it can't find the header file for mysql
> in /opt/local
> What now?
>
> Steve

Hi,
may I ask you the reason to install apache and mysql3, as the
(default) ports for those are apache2 (should always be used with
MacPorts) and mysql5?
The portfile for mysql3 was last updated November 2006, so I suspect
it might be out of date (as can be seen in the Portfile, moreover
mysql3 and mysql4 are not maintained by anyone, as the maintainer
spec says nomaintainer). So, if it is ok for you, you could try with
php4 +apache2 +mysql5 (do you run your own server?). If not, I have
to think something else.

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386