where is cpio after "install"?

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Sun Aug 5 02:36:38 PDT 2007

On 5.8.2007, at 11.30, Artie Ziff wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After running "port install target" I do not find the target "cpio"
> binary.
> Usually after an install I can type "whereis target" and "which
> target"
> and I will be informed of the two different locations in my file
> system,
> such as "/usr/bin/" and the other in "/opt/local/bin/".
> Where is cpio installed by port system?
>
> Thank you,
> AZ

Hi,
you can always do also 'port contents target' to find out, what files
have been installed where and the names of them. If you do 'port cat
target', you see how the port is defined. In this case there is an
argument in configure phase, '--program-prefix=gnu', suggesting that
you could check /opt/local/bin to find, whether it contains an
executable named 'gnucpio'.

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386