named doesn't start

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Sun Aug 5 09:00:12 PDT 2007

On Aug 5, 2007, at 11:28 AM, Maire Alban. wrote:
> my problem to start bind has been resolved but i've a new problème ...

This is not really a place to discuss bind problems (a bind-specific
mailing list would probably be better) since the macports part of
this is already working for you.

I'll try and help, though.

> i can't to ping the domain which i set up but when i use tools "
> nslookup " and "dig" he sees it well !
>
> fullmetal% nslookup albanmaire.local

here's your problem.

nslookup and dig let you know that your bind conf is serving up an A
record for that hostname, but it won't work.

Apple's resolver implementation sends queries for local. (the local
TLD) to Rendezvous, so the query never gets to your nameserver.

Your best option is to choose some other TLD.

--
Daniel J. Luke