SLIB Download Fails

Marc André Selig mas at macports.org
Mon Aug 6 03:18:15 PDT 2007

On 8/6/07, Anthony Michael Agelastos <iqgrande at gmail.com> wrote:
> --->  Fetching slib
> --->  Attempting to fetch slib3a3.zip from http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/
> ftpdir/scm/
> --->  Attempting to fetch slib3a3.zip from http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/
> ftpdir/scm/OLD/
> --->  Attempting to fetch slib3a3.zip from http://svn.macports.org/
> repository/macports/distfiles/slib
> --->  Attempting to fetch slib3a3.zip from http://svn.macports.org/
> repository/macports/distfiles/general/
> --->  Attempting to fetch slib3a3.zip from http://svn.macports.org/
> repository/macports/downloads/slib
> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: slib slib-guile16
>
> I have tried looking for slib3a3.zip online and have been unable to
> do so. Does anyone know where I can download it (so I can put it in
> the distfiles folder manually)? Thank you for your assistance with this.

slib 3a3 is no longer distributed by the authors.  I've now added the
distfile to

http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/macports/distfiles/slib/

so port fetch slib should work again.  If this is not an acceptable
position for the file, I'd be thankful for some MacPorts guru to move
it to the correct place.

(No, an update to slib is not an option right now, since not all
compatibility issues have been worked around.  Please don't do it.)

Regards,
Marc