package request - tn5250

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Aug 7 12:00:25 PDT 2007

On Aug 7, 2007, at 2:50 PM, Shawn Protsman wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what the official means is to request a new
> package? We are an iSeries shop and I'd like to use tn5250 ( http://
> tn5250.sourceforge.net/ ) on my Mac. I use it on my SLED
> workstation all the time. tn5250 is in FreeBSD ports so I'd assume
> it wouldn't be too difficult to get it into Macports. Any suggestions?

There's no real official request channel. Since macports is run by
volunteers in their spare time, a good bet is to do what you did
(post here and hope someone else is interested).

The best to make it happen is to write (and maintain) the Portfile
yourself. It's pretty easy to do. Check out the old guide (http://
geeklair.net/macports_guide/) the new guide [in progress] (http://
geeklair.net/new_macports_guide) as well as the portfile man page
(and it often helps to look at other ports to get ideas on how to do
things).

--
Daniel J. Luke