SDL_Perl installing troubles!

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Aug 9 15:21:44 PDT 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at 17:11, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 9, 2007, at 17:05, Tunnuz wrote:
>
>>> Maybe only that SDK was missing.
>>
>> Ok, now it's ok for libsdl-framework, but the problems arise when I
>> try to install p5-sdl_perl ...
>>
>> Frodo:/Volumes/Users/tunnuz/Kaboom root# port install p5-sdl_perl
>> --->  Fetching libsdl_gfx-framework
>> Error: No defined site for tag: lt, using master_sites
>> --->  Attempting to fetch ltconfig13 from
>> http://www.ferzkopp.net/~aschiffler/Software/SDL_gfx-2.0/
>> --->  Attempting to fetch ltconfig13 from
>> http://distfiles-od.opendarwin.org/libsdl_gfx
>> --->  Attempting to fetch ltconfig13 from
>> http://distfiles-msn.opendarwin.org/libsdl_gfx
>> --->  Attempting to fetch ltconfig13 from http://distfiles-
>> od.opendarwin.org/lt
>> --->  Attempting to fetch ltconfig13 from http://distfiles-
>> msn.opendarwin.org/lt
>> --->  Attempting to fetch ltconfig13 from
>> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/libsdl_gfx-
>> framework
>> --->  Attempting to fetch ltconfig13 from
>> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
>> --->  Attempting to fetch ltconfig13 from
>> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/libsdl_gfx-
>> framework
>> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
>> Error: The following dependencies failed to build:
>> libsdl_gfx-framework libsdl_image-framework jpeg libpng zlib
>> libsdl_image tiff libsdl_mixer-framework libsdl_mixer libmikmod
>> libogg
>> libvorbis smpeg libsdl_net-framework libsdl_net libsdl_ttf-framework
>> libsdl_ttf freetype p5-module-build p5-archive-tar p5-io-zlib
>> p5-compress-zlib p5-compress-raw-zlib perl5.8 p5-io-compress-base
>> p5-scalar-list-utils p5-io-compress-zlib p5-text-diff
>> p5-algorithm-diff p5-extutils-cbuilder p5-extutils-parsexs p5-version
>> p5-yaml
>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>>
>> I think it's a problem of the port ...
>
> The portfile is trying to download ltconfig13 and ltmain13 from the
> OpenDarwin servers, which no longer really exist.
>
> The portfile is not maintained.
>
> The portfile is at version 2.0.13. The current version of the
> software is 2.0.16. Perhaps this new version no longer needs these
> hacks. Someone with knowledge of this software should try updating
> the portfile. In the mean time you may wish to file this as a bug
> in Trac so it's not forgotten.

Well, an addendum: The site

http://distfiles-msn.opendarwin.org/

does still exist, and still has the files ltconfig13 and ltmain13
which this port wants.

You could manually download these two files and place them in /opt/
local/var/macports/distfiles/libsdl_gfx-framework and that should
then work.

We should transfer these files to the general MacPorts download
location in the repository. Looks like the following ports depend on
the existence of these files:

glib1
gtk-engines
gtk1