Problems with Gnucash & Gramps

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Sun Aug 12 23:31:43 PDT 2007

Hi David,

Here's my take on the problems you've been experiencing.

On 12/08/2007, at 06:22, David Rowe wrote:

> 1) Gnucash apparently installed OK, but when I try to launch it,
> the X11 log reports:
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
> dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
>  Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/
> ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/
> ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
>  Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib
>
> Trace/BPT trap

I've seen the comments from other people, but I can't help but think
that there's a better way of dealing with this than fiddling with
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH.  One think that I'd
suggest would be to try forcing a rebuild of Gnucash's dependencies,
and after that Gnucash itself.  The jpeg port provides /opt/local/lib/
libjpeg.62.dylib, so the following will hopefully work:

sudo port -f upgrade jpeg
sudo port -fn upgrade gnucash
(-n tells port not to rebuild all the rest of gnucash's dependencies)

If that doesn't work, it looks to me like something that really
should be fixed by the Gnucash developers rather than the port's
maintainer, so it'd be great if you can report your problem to them.

> 2) Gramps does not install. It gets about half way through the
> process and then fails reporting:
>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
> --->  Fetching gnome-doc-utils
> --->  Attempting to fetch gnome-doc-utils-0.10.3.tar.bz2 from
> http://mandril.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/linux/gnome.org/sources/gnome-
> doc-utils/0.10/
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for gnome-doc-utils
> --->  Extracting gnome-doc-utils
> --->  Configuring gnome-doc-utils
> --->  Building gnome-doc-utils with target all
> --->  Staging gnome-doc-utils into destroot
> Error: violation by /opt/local/man
> Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: mtree violation!
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: py-gnome libzvt
> gnome-session control-center gnome-doc-utils gnome-panel gnome-
> desktop startup-notification gnome-menus py-gtk2 py-cairo py-
> numeric py-gobject libwnck shared-mime-info gst-plugins-base
> cdparanoia gstreamer flex gzip py-wxpython wxWidgets libsdl
> libsdl_mixer libmikmod libogg libvorbis smpeg liboil libtheora
> libgnomekbd libxklavier metacity gnome-themes gtk-engines2 nautilus
> eel libexif librsvg libcroco vte py-orbit

This is something that the port maintainer needs to fix; it'd be
great if you could file a Trac ticket and CC it to him, or failing
that, if you could email him about the problem (run "port info gnome-
doc-utils" to his email address).  "Error: violation by /opt/local/
man" means that the port is trying to install things into /opt/local/
man, which is outside the prescribed MacPorts directory layout
(raising errors for this is new with MacPorts 1.5.1).

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)