mtree violations

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Sun Aug 12 23:40:33 PDT 2007

Hi,

> I'm not able to install much without getting the "mtree violation"
> error. It
> fails to install `Xemacs' with:
>
> Error: violation by /opt/local/man
> Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: mtree violation!
>
> and `gnome-doc-utils' with the same error on the way to installing
> other
> things.
>
> What should I do?

If you can, please file these as Trac tickets on the MacPorts website
[1] (you'll need to create an account to do so) or, failing that,
email the port maintainers.  The problem is that the ports are
installing files outside MacPorts' prescribed directory layout;
raising this as an error is new in the latest release of MacPorts.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

[1] http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/newticket

--