Wireshark build fails on 10.4.10 MacBook Core Duo

Brian Barrera 2nfinite at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 15:48:28 PDT 2007

 On 8/13/07, markd at macports.org <markd at macports.org> wrote:
>  Chip Warden <lgw4 at mac.com> writes:
> >I'm trying to build Wireshark from MacPorts 1.5.1 on a 1st generation
> >MacBook running OS X 10.4.10 with the following port command:
> >
> >> sudo port -v install wireshark +adns +ipv6 +net_snmp +pcre
> >
> >Has anyone else seen this? I've attached the entire 'port -v' output.
>
> I just tried it and I see the same thing on my MacBook Pro.  Someone
> should create a ticket for it or ask the wireshark support list to go the
> extra mile.  I suspect they would know the answer.  I'm also cc'ing the
> maintainer.
>
> Mark

About a week ago I upgraded to MacPorts 1.5 (not 1.510) and recompiled
wireshark 0.99.6 with no variants (after updating dependencies first).
No problems compiling or using Wireshark 0.99.6 on my MacBook Pro.

Today I upgraded to MacPorts 1.510 and then uninstalled/cleaned
wireshark. Next I successfully recompiled wireshark with no variants
specified (sudo port install wireshark).

My guess is one of the variants +adns or +ipv6 or +net_snmp or +pcre
is causing the problem.

BB