strange response to selfupdate after installing 1.5

Rob MacLeod macleod at cvrti.utah.edu
Mon Aug 13 16:20:07 PDT 2007

Hi,

Just installed version 1.5 of macports (over top of an existing,
older version) on an Intel mac and the selfupdate I tried failed with
the following output:

no suitable image found.  Did find:
         /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib: mach-
o, but wrong architecture
     while executing
"load /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib"
     ("package ifneeded" script)
     invoked from within
"package_native require Pextlib 1.0"
     ("eval" body line 1)
     invoked from within
"eval package_native $args"
     (procedure "package" line 14)
     invoked from within
"package require Pextlib 1.0"
     (procedure "mportinit" line 365)
     invoked from within
"mportinit ui_options global_options global_variations"
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Failed to initialize ports system, no
suitable image found.  Did find:
         /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib: mach-
o, but wrong architecture

I get this same response for any port command, even port all by itself.

Sorry if this is old news but I cannot seem to find an email archive
to search or an decent FAQ on the Wiki.  Any pointers to these
resources would also be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob