Problem installing readline

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Aug 13 23:05:28 PDT 2007

On Aug 14, 2007, at 00:13, Thomas Schober wrote:

> 2007/8/14, Ryan Schmidt:
>
>> On Aug 12, 2007, at 09:53, Thomas Schober wrote:
>>
>>> i have a iMac G5 17" PPC. I am trying to install readline, but i
>>> get these errors :
>>>
>>> --->  Staging readline into destroot
>>> Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: no such file or
>>> directory
>>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>>>
>>> However on my intel macbook it worked fine. But i cant get it to
>>> work on my PPC. Both Computers have Mac OS Tiger 10.4.10 Installed.
>>
>> How odd. I don't know what it's talking about.
>>
>> Can you try "sudo port clean readline" and then "sudo port -dv
>> install readline" and see what it says?
>
> thanks for your answer. It goes good until this point. Then this
> happens :
[snip]
> DEBUG: Executing proc-post-org.macports.destroot-destroot-0
> DEBUG: delete: /opt/local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel
> _readline/work/destroot/opt/local/share/info/dir
> Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: no such file or
> directory
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for readline):
> org.macports.activate org.macports.destroot org.macports.install

Don't forget to Reply To All so your reply goes to the mailing list
too, not just to me.

It looks like this line in the post-destroot proc may be triggering
the problem:

     delete ${destroot}${prefix}/share/info/dir

You could try removing that line from the portfile to see if that
really is the culprit. If it is, then the question would be, why does
this not cause a problem on your Intel Mac or my Intel Mac? I guess
on your PPC iMac share/info/dir never gets created in the first
place, and therefore is not there to be deleted. But why? And is
there a way to write a delete command that doesn't complain if it
fails? What's the difference between "delete" and "file delete"? (You
could try "file delete" instead of "delete" at the beginning of the
line and see if that makes a difference.)