Problem installing readline

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Aug 14 00:48:48 PDT 2007

On Aug 14, 2007, at 02:25, Thomas Schober wrote:

> 2007/8/14, Ryan Schmidt:
>
>> On Aug 14, 2007, at 01:41, Thomas Schober wrote:
>>
>> > # $Id: Portfile 22478 2007-03-02 05:16:40Z pipping at macports.org $
>> >
>> > PortSystem 1.0
>> > name          readline-5
>> > set shortname readline
>> > version               5.0.005
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Oh. Your readline port is very out of date. Probably all your other
>> ports are too. You need to get into the habit of running "sudo port
>> sync" before you begin installing ports on a given day, to pull the
>> new port definitions from our server. readline is currently at
>> version 5.2.001, not 5.0.005. Sync, then try installing readline
>> again. Presumably this problem has already been fixed. Also run "port
>> outdated" to see what other ports you may need to update now. Also do
>> "sudo port selfupdate" occasionally to make sure you have the latest
>> version of MacPorts base.
>
> Ok, i will try this when i am at home today evening. I synced about
> 2 weeks ago and made a selfupdate about 2 weeks ago. Update
> Frequency seems to be very high :)

Oh. I'm sorry. I misread. You're not installing readline, you're
installing readline-5. readline was updated to 5.2.001 way back on
2007-03-19, but readline-5 is still at 5.0.005.

Why are you installing readline-5 instead of readline? It looks like
the only port that depends on readline-5 is ghc, and that only on Mac
OS X 10.3.x. But you said you're running 10.4.10. Are you trying to
install ghc?