Problems installing Argtable

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Aug 15 00:35:17 PDT 2007

On Aug 15, 2007, at 01:44, Ye Xu wrote:

> try to install it on my powerbook 12" (Tiger 10.4.5) with command
> `sudo port
> install argtable` but it fails when building
>
> here is the output.
> --->  Building argtable with target all
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd
> "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel
> _argtable/
> work/argtable2" && make all " returned error 2
> Command output: cd src; make all
> libtool -dynamic -o libargtable2.dylib -lsystem
> argtable2.o arg_end.o arg_rem.o
> arg_lit.o arg_int.o arg_dbl.o arg_str.o arg_rex.o arg_file.o
> arg_date.o
> ld: for architecture ppc
> ld: warning prebinding disabled because of undefined symbols
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _fprintf$LDBLStub
> _printf$LDBLStub
> libtool: internal link edit command failed
> make[1]: *** [libargtable2.dylib] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

> so... how can I fix this? thx a lot.

Mac OS X 10.4.5 is quite old. Please update to 10.4.10 with all other
updates suggested by Software Update. I don't know if this is related
to the problem, but it's just good to do anyway.

If your OS is this old, perhaps your Xcode is out of date too. Please
make sure you're using Xcode 2.4.1, not any older version. Get it
here if necessary: http://developer.apple.com/tools/xcode/

argtable 2.4_0 installed OK for me on Intel 10.4.10, but I see 2.7
has been released. I'm Cc'ing the maintainer of argtable to see if he
can update the port if appropriate.