X issues

Stefan Bruda bruda at cs.ubishops.ca
Wed Aug 15 05:56:08 PDT 2007

Hi,

Keith J. Schultz wrote:

> 	What version of the X11 App are you using.
> 	do you have the latest update installed.

Mac OS X 10.4.10 (Intel Macbook Pro C2D), X11 1.1.3, Xcode 2.4, all up to
date according to Apple's Software Update.

> 	I have a Powerbook G4, X11 1.1.3, gnome and things
> 	work for me.

Seems to be the same here (except that I am on an Intel box).  GNOME works
mostly fine, with some glitches though as detailed earlier.  What WM are
you using?

> 	What does your .xinitrc look like? Are you using the
> 	quarz-wm in proxy mode? Stereo turned on?

Yes, I am using quarz-wm in proxy mode.  I am not sure what you mean by
stereo being turned on.  .xinitrc looks like this:

    source ~/.profile

    export XDG_DATA_DIRS=/opt/local/share
    export XDG_DATA_HOME=/opt/local/share
    export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/opt/local/etc/xdg

    quartz-wm --only-proxy &
    e16 &

    gkrellm &
    esd -noterminate -nobeeps &