Broken Links to Sources in 1.5.10

bensig bensig at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 12:25:05 PDT 2007

>>If so, then the 160 ports that still use that alias (mostly lots of
>>kde stuff) are now broken since they don't know where to fetch
>>from. How should we handle this?

>	As simple as updating the Portfiles as we go along, encouraging
>users to submit patches if they care enough to fix them themselves.
>While on the subject, ltmain13 and ltconfig13 should be moved out of
>Yve's dir and into their own, with ports fetching them through
>macports:ltmain13 & macports:ltconfig13 master_sites entries.

As the developers already noted, there are A LOT of ports with dependencies
that are not fetching correctly.

[Users/bensig] > install gtk1
Warning: No mirror sites on file for class opendarwin
--->  Fetching glib1
--->  ltconfig13 doesn't seem to exist in
/opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/glib1
Error: No defined site for tag: lt, using master_sites
--->  Attempting to fetch ltconfig13 from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v1.2/
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--
0
--->  Attempting to fetch ltconfig13 from
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/glib1
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/glib1
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--
0
Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
Warning: the following items did not execute (for glib1):
org.macports.activate org.macports.fetch org.macports.extract
org.macports.checksum org.macports.patch org.macports.configure
org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: glib1

Will some fix be released in the next few days? Macports has always been
better than Fink, this is suck a Fink type of problem.

Here is another source site that doesn't seem to contain the
package:

--->  Fetching testdisk
--->  Attempting to fetch testdisk-6.6.tar.bz2 from
http://www.cgsecurity.org/
--->  Attempting to fetch testdisk-6.6.tar.bz2 from
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/testdisk
--->  Attempting to fetch testdisk-6.6.tar.bz2 from
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
--->  Attempting to fetch testdisk-6.6.tar.bz2 from
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/testdisk
Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed

Additionally, where can we find the source for these broken ports and where
should we put them?
gtk1
glib1