GnuCash help pages

David Rowe david.rowe at freeuk.com
Wed Aug 15 12:48:56 PDT 2007

Christian Cardall wrote:
> Thanks to David Rowe for the workaround he provided yesterday to get
> GnuCash 2.2.0 to start. I now have the difficulty that when I try to
> access the help pages or the tutorial I get a message saying
>
>      GnuCash could not find the files for the help documentation.
> This is likely because the
>      'gnucash-docs' package is not installed.
>
> However I do have the gnucash-docs port installed, as evidenced by the line
>
>       gnucash-docs @2.0.1_0 (active)
>
> in the output of the "port installed" command. Suggestions?

In my experience, Yelp, the package which handles the Gnucash help, has
been broken for quite a while under MacPorts. I never got it to work
with Gnucash 2.0.5. It never worked for Gramps either.

I just use the Gnucash documentation online at:
http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.0/C/gnucash-help/help.html

Regards

David Rowe