install sbcl doesn't make the info files

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Thu Aug 16 23:38:09 PDT 2007

On 13/07/2007, at 07:31, Jochen Küpper wrote:

> On 11.07.2007, at 21:49, Joe Davison wrote:
>
>> I really wasn't wanting to stop and learn about portfiles, etc.,
>> just now, but I would like the .info files available in emacs...
>
> I think this is a general MacPorts issue and we should "install" a
> policy of always installing the default documentation, which for
> many OS and GNU projects still is the info files.

I didn't realise that so many ports didn't install .info files if
they were available -- I need as much documentation as I can find ;)
-- but I agree that this should be stated as a MacPorts-wide policy.
I'll see if I can get that put into the new guide under "Portfile
writing guidelines" or similar.

As for the port at hand, I think that the best course of action would
be to file a ticket on Trac with the maintainers cc'ed, or, failing
that, emailing the maintainers directly to advise them of the issue.
I hope it all works out for you!

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--