Error building openmotif

Samuel M. Smith smithsm at samuelsmith.org
Fri Aug 17 07:32:07 PDT 2007

I tried it three times with the same result. I did a port clean --all
openmotif before each try.
/opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/openmotif
openmotif-2.3.0.tar.gz

On 17 Aug 2007, at 01:11 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2007, at 23:22, Samuel M. Smith wrote:
>
>> Trying to install openmotif as part of xpdf get error
>>
>>  Fetching openmotif
>> --->  Attempting to fetch openmotif-2.3.0.tar.gz from ftp://
>> ftp.ics.com/openmotif/2.3/2.3.0/
>> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for openmotif
>> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for openmotif-2.3.0.tar.gz
>> Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify
>> file checksums
>>
>> I then tried it again
>> port clean --all openmotif
>> and get the same error.
>>
>> Any fix for this
>
> That file is present on that server. Maybe there was a temporary
> error. Try again?
>
> If it still doesn't work, try debug output, maybe that will help us
> see what's going on:
>
> sudo port -dv fetch openmotif
>
> Also, you could check to see what was actually downloaded. Look in /
> opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/openmotif

Samuel M. Smith Ph.D.
2966 Fort Hill Road
Eagle Mountain, Utah 84005-4108
801-768-2768 voice
801-768-2769 fax
"The greatest source of failure and unhappiness in the world is
giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment"