Error building openmotif

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 17 09:15:57 PDT 2007

On Aug 17, 2007, at 09:55, Jeff Stubbs wrote:

> On Aug 17, 2007, at 10:32 AM, Samuel M. Smith wrote:

>> I tried it three times with the same result. I did a port clean --
>> all openmotif before each try.
>> /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/openmotif
>> openmotif-2.3.0.tar.gz
>
> Checksum seems wrong in the Portfile, I get this on the manually
> downloaded file:
>
> 99d0ecb84d3504da421021a19ff70500
>
> Portfile has this:
>
> ef8f8ca6f6f80bfb96351f12b550b29b
>
> Try editing the portfile to see if this works around the error.

Ok, but *why* is it wrong. The checksum exists exactly so that we can
detect when the distfile changes under our noses. Blindly changing
the checksum to the file's current checksum completely defeats the
purpose of having the check in the first place. Please read the FAQ:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/
FAQ#IgetError:checksummd5/sha1/rmd160mismatchforport.WhatcanIdoaboutit

On Aug 17, 2007, at 09:37, Simon Ruderich wrote:

>> I did a port sync but now I get a new error
>>
>> sudo port install xpdf
>> Error: Unable to execute port: can't read "Id": no such variable
>
> After a port sync I get this too. It looks like the problem is the
> ghostscript port, but I don't know why. Maybe someone else can have a
> look at this.

I believe this has been resolved already:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/28003