macport selfupdate

Giovanni Ianelli janez at unipr.it
Mon Aug 20 02:27:51 PDT 2007

I tried to update macports. This is the result:

 sudo port selfupdate
Password:
MacPorts base version 1.5 installed
Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.520
Configuring, Building and Installing new MacPorts base
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: selfupdate failed: Error installing new
MacPorts base: shell command "cd
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/base &&
./configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-install-user=root
--with-install-group=admin --with-tclpackage=/Library/Tcl && make &&
make install" returned error 1
Command output: checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.10.0
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.10.0
checking target system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.10.0
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables... configure: error: cannot compute
suffix of executables: cannot compile and link
See `config.log' for more details.

--

Cordiali Saluti
dott.Giovanni Ianelli