Please suggest a Mac program similar to "top" on Linux

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Tue Aug 21 06:59:25 PDT 2007

On 8/21/07, paul beard <paulbeard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/20/07, Richard Bronosky <BrunosJunk at bronosky.com> wrote:
> > Brilliant!  I had tried top -L and that didn't seem to do anything useful.
>  This is what I was looking for.
> >
> > Call off the hounds!
> >
> > BTW, if you haven't explored the full power of top, you really should play
> with it and read the documentation.  It's so much more than a process
> viewer.
> >

> I worked with the author of top (as he is credited on the FreeBSD port) for
> a while and I didn't think he had left anything out: glad you found time to
> Read The Fine Manual.

Not quite - the manual was no help with this.  We needed Andrea's help
with this, as it is not obvious that the -X option is needed for
interactivity.

Perhaps there has been some regression in the Tiger version of top?

Is there a bugzilla on macosforge or apple.com where we can post this
as an issue?

Best, David