System doesn't see my DP libraries. . .what am I doing wrong?

Michael Williams lists at mgreg.com
Tue Aug 21 16:28:16 PDT 2007

Hi All,

I'm having a bit of an issue here.  I'm trying to compile VLC from
source, but it's complaining about a library.  So I installed the
library using DP.  Now I can't for the life of me figure out why the
system isn't seeing my DP installed libraries.  I've tried adjusting
path, soft linking to "/opt/local/lib". . .everything.  And nothing
works.  What am I missing?  How do I get the OS to see my DP
installed libraries at compile time?

Regards,
Michael