su problem after bad meld install

Jenn Mixxmann juicimixx at doramail.com
Tue Aug 21 18:29:45 PDT 2007

Wow, I was actually pretty surprised by all the dependencies for meld.   Had I checked on this ahead of time, I probably wouldn't have tried to install it.   For what it's worth, the version of su in /opt/local/bin is definately the culprit.   I renamed it and went back to using su in /usr/bin and all seems well.   I tried to install meld once more, but it seems to fail around libxslt, saing that libxml2 isn't right (needs at least 2.6.27, and I have 2.6.23).

Thanks.