How can I work around not being able to use rsync?

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Wed Aug 22 00:41:21 PDT 2007

Chris Pickel wrote:

> You can `svn co
> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/tags/release_1_5_2/base/`
> and then do the regular Unix dance of `./configure && make && sudo
> make install` to upgrade to 1.5.2. It may also be possible to automate
> this by linking in "base" in the same way as you did "ports", but I
> haven't done it myself and would rather someone with experience
> describe that process.

You can also get _unofficial_ tarballs from
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/MacPorts/ instead
of checking out from SVN (though that's what I did, in order to make
them). But the offical method to update MacPorts on Mac OS X is to use
"port selfupdate", there are no package installers for the minor
releases.

--anders