Reporting build failures on Leopard: Where?

Alex Kac alex at webis.net
Fri Aug 24 11:31:21 PDT 2007

On thing to remember is Leopard had to be changed to make it fully
UNIX certified. So many things could be broken just from that.

On Aug 24, 2007, at 1:11 PM, macports-users-
request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:

>>> Even if the port has a maintainer, you're probably on your own, as
>>> most of us don't have access to Leopard. But if you can tell the
>>> maintainer how to fix the build for Leopard, then the maintainer
>>> can just take your word for it and apply your patch.
>>
>> Unfortunately there are quite a few builds broken.
>> Do you know if there is a list or something like that, where to
>> keep the status for 10.5?
>
> Sounds like maybe it's Mac OS X 10.5 that's broken, not the ports.
> Maybe a future build of Mac OS X 10.5 will not have these problems.
> To ensure that, you may wish to report a bug to Apple about these
> excessive problems that 10.5 seems to be causing.
>
> I don't think we're keeping track of 10.5 build status of the ports
> right now. Well, we're not gathering or tracking that data at all,
> regardless of platform or OS. We should, somehow, but we don't.

Alex Kac - President and Founder
Web Information Solutions, Inc. - Microsoft Certified Partner

"I am not young enough to know everything."
--Oscar Wilde