gimp2 and default variant

Yves de Champlain yves at macports.org
Sat Aug 25 08:01:35 PDT 2007

Le 07-08-24 à 19:48, Xin Liu a écrit :

> I just upgraded my gimp2 to 2.4-rc1. I noticed that now gimp2 portfile
> uses default variants, but it seems that the bug about "-variant"
> mentioned before is not fixed yet: I used -gnome and -python, but they
> seem not recorded. I get "gimp2 @2.4.0-rc1_0 (active)" with "port
> installed", and when I do "port upgrade gimp2", it's as if I
> originally specified +gnome and +python.
>
> Since "-variant" seems broken, can we avoid using default variants?
> Otherwise it's too troublesome for end users. In my case, whenever
> gimp2 is updated, I have to recall which variants I have disabled, and
> I have to do uninstall-and-install instead of upgrade.
>
> Or is there a patch on the way to fix the "-variant" problem?

Thanks for your feedback.

gimp port developement has been very erratic lately but my goal is to
have a stable and durable scheme with 2.4.0.

Now variants are themselves still very erratic in MacPorts, so I'll
try to make it a safe decision.

Opinions and knowledgable precisions are welcome as always.

yves