"no such file or directory" with updated postgis staging into destroot

Jeff Stubbs jeff at cjstubbs.org
Wed Aug 29 11:28:50 PDT 2007

Hi All,

I'm running into a little problem building the latest version of
postgis (1.3.1). Created the necessary portfile  in my local
repository, and ran portindex.
The latest version in MP is 1.2.1 and requires a patchfile. The patch
has not been rolled into the 1.3.1 version, so I left the directive
in my local port file. After the attempting to "port install" it
several times (and uninstall & cleaning), I decided to step through
the install phases. The fetch, checksum, extract & patch stages went
without a hitch.

Below are the results of the next few stages:

AFTER "sudo port -dt configure postgis" results in this:

config.status: creating Makefile.config
config.status: WARNING:  Makefile.config.in seems to ignore the --
datarootdir setting
config.status: creating config.h
SUMMARY
HOST_OS: darwin8.10.0
    PGSQL: /opt/local/lib/postgresql82/bin/pg_config
     GEOS: /opt/local/bin/geos-config (with C-API)
           (ldflags: -L/opt/local/lib)
     PROJ: prefix=/opt/local libdir=/opt/local/lib
    ICONV: 1 -liconv

PORTNAME: darwin
    PREFIX: /opt/local
   EPREFIX: ${prefix}
       DOC: ${prefix}/share/doc
      DATA: /opt/local/share/postgis
       MAN: ${datarootdir}/man
       BIN: ${exec_prefix}/bin
       EXT: /opt/local/lib/postgresql82/ (/opt/local/lib/postgresql82/)
Warning: Target configure has an undeclared dependency on libiconv
DEBUG: Target configure has no traceable dependency on proj

AFTER "sudo port -dt build postgis" results in this:

chmod +x postgis_restore.pl create_undef.pl postgis_proc_upgrade.pl
profile_intersects.pl test_estimation.pl test_joinestimation.pl
Warning: Target build has an undeclared dependency on openssl
Warning: Target build has an undeclared dependency on perl5.8
Warning: Target build has an undeclared dependency on zlib
apollo:~ jeff$

AFTER "sudo port -dt destroot postgis" results in this:

DEBUG: Executing proc-post-org.macports.destroot-destroot-0
DEBUG: Target destroot has no traceable dependency on geos
DEBUG: Target destroot has no traceable dependency on proj
Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: error renaming "/opt/
local/var/macports/build/_Users_jeff_Ports_databases_postgis/work/
destroot/etc/default/postgis": no such file or directory
Warning: the following items did not execute (for postgis):
org.macports.destroot
apollo:~ jeff$

There seem to be a couple of undeclared dependencies and warnings
through out the build process, but nothing to stop the install in
it's tracks till the destroot stage.

Being a relative nu-bee, I'll sure take any hints anyone has to offer.

Thanks,

Jeff