Error running MacPorts

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Fri Aug 31 02:13:28 PDT 2007

Hi Richard,

> I did reinstall XCode 1.4.1 (the BSD SDK only) already. It did fix
> one error I was having (it wasn't finding gcc at all before)

Would you be able to tell us what fix you made?  It might be that the
fix caused the problem that you see now about the C compiler being
unable to create executables; I have received your error before, and
I think in my case it occurred because I mucked up the setting of the
CFLAGS environment variable or similar.

>>> To get the exact GCC error:
>>>
>>> MacG5:~ root# gcc -O2 -L/opt/local/lib
>>> powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: no input files

I'm afraid that that's misleading; this error is that you haven't
given it any input files to compile, but the jpeg configure script
does feed it one.  I get the above error when I enter what you have
on the command line, but the jpeg port configures and builds for me
just fine.

Some useful information should also be available in the config.log
file that is generated during the failed configuration process.
After a failed run of "port install jpeg", you should find this in

/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
graphics/jpeg/work/jpeg-6b/config.log

If you can send the contents of that file, that should help us get to
the bottom of this.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--