Building static version of glib2

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Dec 1 00:50:56 PST 2007

On Nov 30, 2007, at 12:10, Andrei Tchijov wrote:

> Is it possible to instruct macports to build/install static version
> of glib2?

Most ports should install both dynamic and static versions of their
libraries.

Looking at the output of "port contents glib2", though, I don't see
any .a files.

I see now that glib2's ./configure --help says static libraries are
disabled by default.

I fixed this in r31643. If you wait 12 hours, "sudo port selfupdate"
and then "sudo port upgrade glib2" you should get version 2.14.4_1
with static as well as dynamic libraries.

Thanks for reporting this.