Building static version of ImageMagick (was: Re: Building static version of glib2)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Dec 1 12:07:49 PST 2007

On Dec 1, 2007, at 09:44, Andrei Tchijov wrote:

> Thanks for quick response. While you fixing it, could you do the
> same with ImageMagic? It does not install any static libraries either.

ImageMagick is a bit of a different case. Its default is to build
static libraries, but the port specifically requested that static
libraries be disabled, and it has done so since the port was created
in r2591 on 2003-05-08.

Enabling the static libraries seems to work though so I changed this
in r31651. Wait 12 hours and you should be able to install version
6.3.7-1_1 which includes this fix.