Problem installing ports

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Sun Dec 2 23:01:09 PST 2007

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Well, ok, that might work too. Though Apple's X11 is really the easiest,
> the fastest and IMHO the best way to go.

I got XFree86 loaded and I guess sort of working,
but it seems pretty awkard. I apparently had to
start XDarwin separately, which then opened three
or four terminals right away, and then a code
editor like Bluefish took forever to open, leaving
all these terminals open...

...yuck.

Would Apple's X11 be better than this, as you say
above? If it is faster than I'll go ahead and move
XFfree86 aside and get X11 off my install disks.

Thanks!
Skip

--
Skip Evans