Noob Installing MacPorts Problem

Chris Share cpsmusic at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 17:03:51 PST 2007

Hi,

I'm new to MacPorts. I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.10. By mistake I downloaded and installed the Leopard version of MacPorts.

I've tried uninstalling MacPorts as described in the MacPorts FAQ however when I run the Tiger version of the installer it first asks me if I want to upgrade the installation and then seems to get stuck during the installation process. I suspect that some part of the Leopard installation has not been removed.

How can I fix this?

Cheers,

Chris