Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed

enakud at gmail.com enakud at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 17:52:32 PST 2007

Hi folks,

Trying to install ye olde mrxvt terminal on me new macbook (leopard), but
running into what I'll guess is a common issue ... apparently the distfiles
are missing from the various mirrors listed in the port definition...

<root at haydn> /Users/ivanhoven # port install mrxvt
--->  Fetching mrxvt
--->  Attempting to fetch no-scroll-with-buffer-mrxvt-0.5.3.patch.diff from...
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/materm
http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/materm
http://ufpr.dl.sourceforge.net/materm
http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/materm
http://jaist.dl.sourceforge.net/materm
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/mrxvt
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/mrxvt
Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed

I read in another post that if I can find the distfiles I can grab them myself
& plop them in /opt/local/.../distfiles/mrxvt & re-run the port install.

Is there another option I could try?

Any help appreciated.

Ian