X11 SDK headers on Leopard?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Dec 8 01:16:21 PST 2007

On Dec 7, 2007, at 16:43, William Davis wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Simone Karin Lehmann <simone at lisanet.de>
>> Date: December 7, 2007 4:29:29 PM EST
>> To: X11 List Mailing <x11-users at lists.apple.com>
>> Subject: Re: X11 SDK headers on Leopard?
>>
>> Am 07.12.2007 um 20:27 schrieb Sergey Chemishkian:
>>
>>> I am trying to install MacPorts 1.5.0 on Leopard (upgraded from
>>> Tiger,
>>> default Xcode 3.0 installation) from source. './configure' breaks
>>> on X11
>>> tests with the following error message:
>>>
>>> checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... yes
>>> Please install the X11 SDK packages from the Xcode Developer
>>> Tools CD
>>> configure: error: Broken X11 install. No X11 headers
>>
>> I've had the same problem. There seems to be a bug with MacPorts
>> on Leopard. Compiling MacPorts with
>>
>> ./configure LDFLAGS=-L/usr/X11/lib
>>
>> solved the problem for me

Curious. We have people using MacPorts on Leopard right now. Just
look at the dozens of bugs filed in the issue tracker. So how are all
these people managing to use it?

Perhaps they're installing from the disk image instead of building
from source, but that disk image was produced by someone using
Leopard...