problem upgrading gtk2

Joel Thibault (MacPorts) pgijnxn02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Dec 9 12:37:40 PST 2007

I also had this problem.  I tracked it down via port -d to a bad test for
gtkdoc-rebase, something like:

if `which gtkdoc-rebase` != "" then...

Since this returns "no gtkdoc-rebase in [my path]" rather than "", it then
attempts to execute gtkdoc-rebase, and fails.  It appeared to me to be an
optional step, so I did a silly hack to make it look like it did something:
I aliased /usr/bin/gtkdoc-rebase to /usr/bin/true, and then the upgrade
worked.

I don't think this makes for a very good solution :-) so someone who knows
Macports much better than me should probably take a look at this.

Joel

On Dec 7, 2007 3:37 AM, Michael Thon mike.thon-at-gmail.com |MacPorts| <
4mghjs05ju0t at sneakemail.com> wrote:

> When I try to upgrade gtk2 I get the following error:
>
>     /bin/sh: line 1: gtkdoc-rebase: command not found
>
> and I am unable to upgrade the package. This happens whether I use
> "sudo port upgrade gtk2" or "sudo port -f upgrade gtk2".  "port
> outdated" says that I have 2.12.1_0 installed and 2.12.3_0 is the
> latest version. I don't know what gtkdoc-rebase is.  is it part of the
> gtk-doc package?  That package is not installed on my system.
> cheers
> Mike

Joel Thibault [AIM: Jole Tebo]
Software Engineer in Boston