plans for 64bit support

Daniel Oberhoff daniel at danieloberhoff.de
Sun Dec 9 12:43:21 PST 2007

Hi all,

Now that Leopard is out and already at 10.5.1 will macports be
supporting 64bit libraries? It's just I need 64bit in my octave
installation. I pull my octave from octave.org's cvs, but it needs
quite a lot of support libraries. From what I gather it should be
possible on Leopard to build fat libraries, i.e. ones that contain 64
and 32 bit code (i think it works using -arch x84_64 -arch i686 as gcc
flags). Or will this be left to the separate ports?

Daniel Oberhoff