force destroot?

Simon Ruderich simon at ruderich.com
Sun Dec 9 14:29:32 PST 2007

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 03:37:45PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2007, at 12:30, Matthew Caldwell wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to persuade macports to redo a destroot without having also
>> to rebuild from scratch? When I try using "port -fd destroot" I just get a
>> bunch of "Skipping completed ..." messages -- even if I've deleted the
>> previous destroot. Where is it keeping this information about the destroot
>> having been done?
>
> Probably in the state file in the work directory. I don't know if you can
> just edit the statefile and tell it you're at a different state...

Just remove the line "target: org.macports.destroot" from the state file and
remove the destroot directory and it works fine.

To edit the state file you can use the following command, it opens it with the
nano editor (you have to replace the port name two times):

nano $(port dir yourportnamehere)/work/.macports.yourportnamehere.state

Remember to use the "-o" option with port (port -o destroot) if you change the
Portfile or Macports will clean the port and start from the beginning.

Hope this helps,
Simon
--
+ privacy is necessary