FUSE not loading

Jochen Küpper jochen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Mon Dec 10 01:19:46 PST 2007

Hi,

I just upgraded to the latest macfuse/sshfs and now get the foolowing
error when trying to mount a volume...
This is on a G4 PPC running Mac OS X 10.4. The previous version of
FUSE worked nicely on that system.

   fusefs @1.1_2+darwin_8 (active)
   sshfs @1.8_2 (active)

 > sshfs -d -o
sshfs_debug,reconnect,follow_symlinks,cache_timeout=5,volname=jochen
jochen at gowron:/home/jochen /Volumes/jochen
Server version: 3
you must be running as root to load modules into the kernel
the MacFUSE file system is not available (1)

I have also tried to manually load the extension, but that does not
seem to exist:

 > sudo kextload -b com.google.filesystems.fusefs
can't find extension with identifier com.google.filesystems.fusefs

Has anybody seen that?
Anything I am doing wrong?
Any suggestions on what to look for?

Greetings,