plans for 64bit support

Daniel Oberhoff daniel at danieloberhoff.de
Tue Dec 11 00:35:44 PST 2007

Hmm, ok. That makes sense, since I upgraded with an installed macports
base. I suppose I should really reinstall all then, since otherwise I
will end up with a crazy mix? Though, per default on Leopard
compilation seems to be 32 bit. When you just compile something
without further options pointer size is 32bit. Only when you specify -
arch x86_64 or -m64 do you get 64bit. So it would really make sense to
have both (but not ppc). So I would vote for an autamatic variant to
get intel only 32/64bit.

Daniel