"port provides ..." hangs

Andrei Tchijov andrei at tchijov.com
Tue Dec 11 08:15:07 PST 2007

I was trying to resolve problem with libintl.3.dylib according to

	http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/ProblemHotlist

Unfortunately, I run into following problem. When depsearch.sh runs
into first library which refer to libintl (in my case it is /opt/local/
lib/libgettextlib-0.17.dylib ) it tries to run "port provides /opt/
local/lib/libgettextlib-0.17.dylib" and get stuck.

One would think that this kind of behavior indicate some serious
problems with my macport install. I really hate the idea of nuking
macport install and starting from scratch so any suggestion what I
should do to rectify ( or at least further diagnose ) this problem
will be highly appreciated.

Andrei Tchijov